Since starting Beyoutiful Intuition about two and a half-ish months ago, my life has been a bit of a whirlwind, to put it lightly. I dove into my business head on without a ton of clear direction, and I’m very grateful for what I’ve already learned but also other areas of my life have had to take a step back, including my blog.
I’m still here, I promise! I can’t give up writing; it’s in my bones/blood/whatever other analogy you’d like to use that may be a bit less gory. Even though I’m branching into new areas with a business and a podcast and other things like that. I don’t see this blog going anywhere anytime soon.
So, to make a long story short, I’ve been here but not here lately. I mean, I’ve been posting some kick-ass Q&As with some truly awesome people, but I haven’t been sharing as much of myself and my life here as I used to, so I’m calling myself out on it.
So here’s what I’ve been up to over the last few months or so:
- Working with really cool clients: I’ve gotten to work with some truly amazing people so far, including a few repeat clients, and I’m so, so excited and grateful for the relationships and connections I’ve built so far. I feel like I’ve already learned and grown so much, and I know that’s going to continue as I move forward.
- Drinking a lot of iced Americanos: This probably comes as a shock to absolutely no one, but I’m at Barnes & Noble a lot. Sometimes I’ll bring my laptop or journal and work on things, and other times I’ll sit in the cafe and read for hours. It’s all about balance, right? Every time I go, I get the same drink order and sometimes the people working in the cafe will see me when I walk in the store and have the drink ready for me by the time I make it up there. Basically, I’m a super big deal (but really, I promise I’m not. They just help fuel my caffeine addiction).
- Trying to figure basically everything out: One thing I’ve learned lately over the past few days, weeks, months, years is that there is sooooo much I don’t know and a lot I’ll probably never know. And that can be frustrating at times, but also really exciting because it means I”ll never be stagnant. Embracing the fact that I know a lot but also nothing has actually been really freeing because I’m learning how so many other people are in the exact same boat, whether they admit it or not.
- Talking to my dog a lot: Hey, man, I gotta be honest. Since I’ve been mainly working from home, I obviously see my adorable dog Bella much more than I did when I had a corporate job. So naturally, I end up petting her a lot and talking to her a lot. It is what it is.
- Played around with a lot of bright makeup: Not having a consistent reason for getting out of the house means I can play around with lots of different makeup looks. I own several of Colourpop’s monochromatic palettes, and I’ve challenged myself to start using them much more. To see some of the looks I’ve done, check out my Instagram!
- Chatting away on my new podcast: That’s right! I feel like this is something that’s been on my radar semi-seriously for a while now but I never used to actually think it was possible because I was such an introvert. Now, I’m actually excited to sit down and start talking out loud to myself in a room haha. Who knew?! Anyway, I recently started a podcast all about following your intuition and learning how to trust yourself. Check it out on Spotify and let me know what you think! My latest episode is all about who I am, so listen to it to learn more about me and what my favorite episode of The Office is!
- Reading a lot of books: Again, see Barnes & Noble entry above. But I also go to the Fargo Public Library and even my own library, or that’s at least what I call it. I feel like I’ve been just really wanting to devour books lately, and I’m here for it. I’ve read 12 books so far this year, and I’m currently in the process of reading several more. I want all the information, and I want it now!
- Watching a lot of TV shows and movies: I mean, I gotta be honest, am I right? I’ve been binge watching a lot of shows in between everything I’ve got going on. Lately I’ve watched and/or rewatched Love Is Blind, Mad Men, Younger, The Masked Singer, This Is Us and probably more that I can’t think of right now. I’m just sayin.
- Planning a lot of content for my blog and my business: This one was more recent but it’s basically the reason I’m writing this now so I had to include it. The other night I sat down with my brightly colored pens and a big wall calendar and I planned out content for all of March and April. It didn’t even take that long! I just had to sit down and do it. So here’s hoping I can hold on to this momentum going forward!